- About Parker
- Magnet Program
- After School Program
The following activities are opportunities that all children are provided:
*Indoor Play: Arts and Crafts, Board Games. These activities are fun and allow children to gain confidence in their every day life.
*Outdoor Play: Parker ASCP has use of the playground, blacktop, and fields located in areas around the outside of the school. The children have opportunities to play basketball, soccer, tag, jump rope, handball, and any other creative activities our staff can invent.
The Parker Elementary After School Care Program offers Enrichment Classes for an additional cost to parents. The sessions are offered each semester by agencies outside of HISD. All students that register for an Enrichment Class must be registered in the Parker After School Care Program.
• Ballet and Tap classes are offered by Banbury Dance Academy. The classes is open to all student K- 5. Parents must provided the black leotard, pink tights, tap shoes, and ballet slippers. The class meets once a week for an hour on Tuesday. At the end of the year the dancers perform a recital at Parker.
• Karate is offered by Mr. Ron Williams who provides the instructors. The class is open to all students K- 5. Parents must provide the uniform. The class meets twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Students may attended both days or only one day.
• Mad Science provides classes once a week and are open to all students K- 5. Each class focuses on a specific science objective in a fun and interactive environment.
• Foreign Languages are offered by Early Language Learners. Classes that are available include Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and Hebrew. Classes will form depending on interest and will meet once a week. Parents need to purchase any books that the class uses. Classes are open to students in K-5.
• Gymnastics is provided by Brown's Gymnastics. There is a group open to students in K-2 and another group open to students in 3-5. Coach Mark leads the groups which meet once a week. Students work in the areas of floor tumbling, balance beam, and mini trampoline. They work on 3 goals: Learn to work hard for what you want; Learn to control yourself both physically and mentally; Have fun! More information can be found at www.brownsgymnasticsofhouston.com
• Art After School is offer by City ArtWorks. Classes meet once a week and are open to students in K-5. Lessons are engaging and fun and allow students to freely explore drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, printmaking, and so much more. More information can be found at www.cityartworks.org
• Main Street Theater provides theater classes once a week to student in K-5. Students work on being a team player, becoming focused and energetic, and young actors. They prepare for a performance that is presented at the end of each semester.